BlackRock Business Operations, Fund Administration, Alternative Products Vice President - Seattle in Seattle, Washington
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock at https://twitter.com/blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
Technology & Operations
Global Accounting and Product Services: Alternatives Operations supports BlackRock Alternative Investments (BAI) and over $110B of assets globally. BAI takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with low correlations to the broad equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge funds of funds, single strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products. Our alternative investment capabilities are fully integrated into BlackRock, allowing investment teams to capitalize on the firm’s considerable resources in areas such as risk management, product development, client service and operational support.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our Alternative Investment Services team in Seattle within Business Operations. This multi-functional team provides trading and operational support for alternative products and investments.
• Manage the onboarding of new complex alternative products and investments including design of investment/trade, cash management, valuation, PnL recognition and reconciliation processes and related system implementation;
• Manage on-going operational support for complex products and investment types, which includes reconciling data received from third parties and coordinating input of data into internal systems;
• Managing trading support and execution functions for private investment funds, including monitoring internal and external teams to ensure accurate and timely execution;
• Assist with preparation and review of reporting deliverables and ensure deadlines are met;
• Work with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to resolve operational issues, as identified;
• Manage team members to ensure the team’s objectives are met, and manage team members’ career development;
• Ensure the team’s process documentation and controls are updated and reviewed regularly;
• Participate in other group projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years’ experience in the fields of operations, accounting and/or administration with a particular focus on alternative investment funds. A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
A diverse knowledge of alternative investment products, including single manager hedge funds, structured products, private equity funds and complex capital and investment structures;
Strong leadership skills;
Proficient Excel skills;
Above all, the candidate must possess initiative and creativity, and be able to effectively direct and supervise internal and external partners to achieve desired goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits. For more information, visit us at www.blackrock.com. For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate “Alt. Products Admin” in subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.